The Pentaho v9.5 Enterprise Edition delivers a variety of new features and enhancements to help you improve your data operations, including:
- Pentaho containers in cloud hyperscalers
- Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) Public Cloud support
- Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) with Data Catalog v7.5.2
- Discover metadata from a text file
- Data access accessibility compliance (WCAG 2.1)
- Pentaho user experience improvements
- Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) v9.4 support in all HCP-related steps
- Snowflake security improvement
You can now deploy Pentaho in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform by using fully certified and supported, pre-configured Docker Images. For information about deploying Pentaho in a cloud hyperscaler, see the following articles:
CDP Public Cloud is now supported and certified for you to use with Pentaho v9.5. In addition, you can use Kerberos authentication for CDP Public Cloud on AWS and Apache Knox authentication for CDP Public Cloud on AWS (Core Components). For more information about using CDP Public Cloud with Pentaho, see the following articles:
PDI users can now work with Data Catalog data profiling, automated discovery, classification, and management of enterprise data from within PDI transformations and jobs. For more information on how you can set up your PDI transformations and jobs to work with Data Catalog data resources, see the following articles:
You can now use the new Discover metadata from a text file step to parse a text file with delimited data and produce accurate metadata of the data, such as the field name, type, and size. The metadata can be used by subsequent steps in a transformation. You can also use the Discover metadata from a text file step to detect header columns and process header data from text files with delimited data.
The Pentaho User Console, Analyzer tools, and online documentation are updated for the v9.5 release to comply with accessibility improvements that align with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 and are focused in the following areas:
- Keyboard navigation: You can now navigate through all parts of the Pentaho User Console (PUC) and Analyzer using only the keyboard. There is now comprehensive support for keyboard shortcuts in accordance with WCAG 2.1 navigation patterns.
- Focus order: Visible focus indicators now enable you to understand and control your context in the system. The focus order is predictable, and the navigation sequence aligns with the intended function of the feature.
- Zoom levels: PUC and Analyzer now have enhanced support for browser zoom levels up to 400%, without loss of content or functionality. You can zoom in or out without encountering horizontal scrolling in a full-page context.
- Screen reader support: Compatibility with major screen readers and text alternatives for non-text content like images or icons now makes PUC and Analyzer more accessible for users with visual impairments.
- Color contrast: The color contrast now meets the WCAG 2.1 standards in both the Theme and Greyscale modes, improving accessibility and usability for users with visual impairments.
The following user experience improvements and enhancements are made for the Pentaho v9.5 release:
- The ETL Metadata Injection step was improved to add a new Required column that you can update to specify the type of data that must be inserted, deleted, or updated.
- OAuth 2.0 Authentication was added for Mail Server configuration.
- You can now use a chained LDAP configuration to authenticate against multiple LDAP servers, failover LDAP servers, or multiple domains within an LDAP server.
- The Pentaho Upgrade Installer was improved so that when you run the installer in silent mode or console mode from the command line, customizations in the white_list.csv file are preserved and can be edited during the upgrade.
- Hardware support was added for Windows 11 and Mac M1 chipset.
- You can now import the zip file from a Data Source Wizard zip export directly from other environments.
Pentaho v9.5 Enterprise Edition now supports HCP v9.4 storage and can be configured to communicate by using the HCP API. All the HCP-related PDI steps and VFS connections now work with HCP v9.4.
Pentaho v9.5 Enterprise Edition was upgraded with the Snowflake JDBC driver version to 3.13.29 to address Snowflake security vulnerability. See Snowflake logging errors.