Connect to the Pentaho Repository from the PDI client
This article explains how to set up a workstation to connect to the Pentaho Repository using the PDI client (Spoon).
Start the PDI client
Navigate to the folder where you have installed Pentaho Data Integration. For example, pentaho/design-tools/data-integration.
Launch the PDI client:
- For Windows, double-click Spoon.bat.
- For Linux, double-click spoon.sh.
- For Macintosh, navigate to pdi-ee/data-integration and double-click the Data Integration 64-bit icon, depending on your system.
Connect to the Pentaho Repository
Follow these steps to connect to the Pentaho Repository.
Verify that the Pentaho Server is running and start the PDI client.
Click the Connect link in the upper right corner of the PDI client toolbar.The Pentaho Repository Welcome dialog box appears.
Click Get Started.
Enter the Display Name property.
Modify the URL associated with your repository, if necessary.
Click Finish to test the connection of your repository.If the test fails, make sure that the port number in the URL is correct. If you installed PDI using the Pentaho Installation Wizard, the correct port should appear in the installation-summary.txt file. The file is in the root directory where you installed PDI.
If the test is successful, you can click on one of the following items:
- Connect Now to connect to the repository.
- Manage Connections to open the Repository Manager.
- Finish to close the dialog box.
If you want the Repository Connection window to automatically appear when the PDI client starts, choose and select Show repository dialog at startup.