As you explore Pentaho Data Integration (PDI), you will be introduced to the major components, watch videos, work through hands-on examples, and read about the different features. Review the documentation and contact Pentaho sales support if you have questions.
Get acquainted with Spoon
- Check out the hardware and software requirements for PDI.
- Download Trial version of the Pentaho Suite and install the software. (The platform includes PDI.)
- Learn how to install PDI only.
- Configure the Pentaho Server.
- Start the Pentaho Server.
- Access Spoon.
- Tour Spoon Perspectives interface.
- Read about Terminology and Basic Concepts.
Build transformations and jobs
- Create a connection to the Pentaho Repository.
- Work through the exercise on Creating a Transformation that involves a flat file. Click through the links that are on the bottom of the page to complete the exercise.
- Create a job to execute the transformation.
- Schedule a job to execute the transformation at a later time.
- Review commonly-used steps and job entries.
Explore Big Data and Streamlined Data Refinery
- Watch one of our Big Data Videos.
- Learn how to work with Streamlined Data Refinery.
- Learn how to auto model using the Build Model. job entry and how this feature intersects with Analyzer.
- Find out what big data steps are available, out-of-the-box.
- Find out which Hadoop Distributions are available and how to configure them. (Note, you should already have a cluster set up to perform this task.)
- Edit Transformations and Metadata Models.
- Watch a video about how to use PDI to blend Big Data.
About Kitchen, Pan, and Carte
- Use Pan and Kitchen Command Line Tools to work with Transformations and Jobs
- Use Carte Clusters to:
- Use newer steps and entries, like Spark.
- Read about how to turn a transformation into a data service.
- Use the ETL metadata injection step.
- Check out our What's New article for Pentaho Data Integration.
- Create other DI Solutions.
- Administer PDI.
- Integrate with different security protocols, like Pentaho Security, LDAP, MSAD, and Kerberos.
- Check out our developer's documentation.