Create a JFreeChart Element
To add a traditional graph or a chart to your report, follow this process.
- Drag and drop a Chart element into a layout band.
- Using the resize handles, change the size of the chart to fit your specifications.
- Double-click the chart. An Edit Chart dialog will appear with dozens of customizable options and settings.
- Adjust the chart options to your preference, then click OK. Consult the Chart Types to learn more about what each setting does in each chart type.
- Click Preview to verify that your chart appears as intended.
You should now have a suitable chart that visually represents the selected data.