Add Global Row-Level Security Constraints
You need to have established a connection to a data source in Metadata Editor and selected one or more tables to create metadata for.
A global constraint is an MQL Formula statement that institutes a global restriction on the data you specify, down to the row level. Follow the below instructions to add custom global user- or role-based restrictions to your data source.
- In the left pane, right-click the table or column you want to modify, then click Edit.. from the context menu. The Physical Table Properties dialogue will appear.
- Click the green + icon above the Available field in the middle of the screen. The Add New Property dialogue will appear.
- Select Data Constraints, then click OK.
- Click the new Data Constraints item in the General category.
- Select the Global Constraint option in the right pane.
- Type in your constraint in the provided text box.
- Change any other relevant metadata options, then click OK to return to the Metadata Editor main window.
- When you are finished, save the metadata configuration as a domain using the Save As button, then publish it to the Pentaho Server as an XMI schema by selecting Publish from the File menu.