Link Dashboard Prompts to Analyzer Parameters
The instructions below explain how to parameterize an Analyzer report.
This process only applies to dashboards which include parameterized Analyzer reports. You must have an Analyzer report with a query parameter in it in order to proceed.
- In Analyzer, choose a field in your report to which you want to link, then right-click and select Filter. The Filter dialog box opens. In the example below, data will be filtered by Territory.
- Enter a name for the parameter in the Parameter Name text box and click its corresponding check box to enable it.
- Select the values you want associated with the parameter. Use the arrow buttons to add and remove values.
- When finished, click OK to save your selections and close the Filter dialog box. Be sure to save your report.
- In the upper-left corner of the report, you can see that a filter is in use. Optionally, click the Edit (pencil) icon to make changes to your filter, or the Delete ('X') icon to remove the filter.
- Create a dashboard and drag the Analyzer report into a panel. The name of the parameter appears in the lower portion of the dashboard under Parameters.
- Add a filter to the dashboard based on the parameter you created in your Analyzer report. The filter appears in the dashboard.