Add a Prompt to a Dashboard
You can create a prompt tool bar which enables users to refine report results in a dashboard. First, create the Prompt Toolbar. Then customize the toolbar so the appropriate options appear.
Creating a Prompt Toolbar for Dashboards
- Open a dashboard which contains at least one parameterized report.
- Click the Edit Content icon to open the editing options in the dashboard.
- In the bottom section, inside the Objects pane, choose Prompts to access the Prompt pane.
- Click Show Prompt Toolbar to display the prompt toolbar to dashboard users.
- Click Add to add a prompt. The Prompt dialog box appears.
- In the Name field, enter the title for the prompt toolbar.
- In the Control box, click the format for the prompt options. For example, you can choose the drop-down control if you want a list which appears when users click the first option.
- Ensure that 'Static List' is selected under Type.
Customizing a Prompt Toolbar for Dashboards
- In the Data box, click Add. The List Value dialog box appears.
- In the Label field, enter the option name as you want it to appear to dashboard users.
- In the Value field, enter the parameter source name. For example, using the Steel Wheels sample, enter 'Classic Cars'.
- Add labels and values for each parameter you want to filter. Click Close to exit the List Value dialog box. If you are filtering an Analyzer report and using a static list, you can add the option ''All'. This option drops the filter from the report and shows all values.
- In the Control Properties box, under Initially Selected, choose which item you want to appear first in the prompt list. Choose Use First Value to set the default to the first value in the list, or you can choose Specify if you want a specific value to appear first.
- Click OK.
- In the Objects pane, choose the title of the report you want to filter. Click the Parameters tab and choose the correct Source for the parameter from the list. The source should be the name of your prompt.
- Click Save.