You use drill-through links in Analyzer to view all individual records that make up an aggregate value in your analysis report. This will turn all non-calculated number fields into links which, when clicked, bring up a configurable data grid that enables you to quickly view more details for that data point, without having to reconfigure your report. The drill-through grid shows all levels and non-calculated measures that are defined in the report cube by default.
If needed, you can select the columns you want to show in the grid so that report designers only see the selected columns. This is useful if your report cube contains many levels and measures and you want to show only specific data for analysis.
Drill-through links are not available under the following conditions:
- Any calculated measures, including schema-defined calculated measures and user-defined measures, such as Percentages, Running Sum, and Trend measures.
- Measures and levels set as hidden in the Available Fields list will not be visible in the Drill-Through view. For more information, see Hide or Unhide Available Fields.
- Subtotaled cells.
Drill-through links are not available for any calculated measures, including schema-defined calculated measures and user-defined measures, such as Percentages, Running Sum, and Trend measures. Drill-through links are also not available on subtotaled cells.
The directions below guide you through the process of setting up drill-through links.
- Open the Analyzer report to add drill-through links.
- Click the More actions and options icon in the report toolbar, and select Report Options from the drop-down menu. The Report Options dialog box appears.
- In the Cell drill-through section, select the Drill-through links on measure check box.
- Click the Select drill-through columns link to choose the columns you want to appear.
- Click OK. The measure fields in your report will turn into links.
- Click a link in the report to see a data grid that shows all of the available details for that value.
- You can also add or remove columns from this grid, by clicking Select Columns at the top of the data grid. You can also search and toggle the sort order in the same way as the Available Fields list.
You now have drill-through links for numeric, non-calculated members. If you choose, you can later disable the drill-through links by deselecting the Drill-through links ... check box.