Learn how to use the drag-and-drop Interactive Reports interface to create and customize reports.
The intuitive, drag-and-drop, browser-based design environment for Interactive Reports enables you to quickly add elements to your report and format them any way you like. You do not need any special expertise to use Interactive Reports. You can also display Interactive Reports in a dashboard in the User Console.
Here is a list of the main Interactive Report features.
- Drag-and-drop report design
- Font selection
- Column resizing
- Column sorting
- Ability to rename column headers
- Copy and paste functionality
- Unlimited undo and redo functionality
- Ability to output reports as HTML, PDF, CSV, Excel Workbook, or Excel 93-2003 Workbook files
- Ability to display reports in a dashboard
Before you can create an Interactive Report, you must have access to a data source.
The data source for an Interactive Report is based on the Pentaho relational data model, also known as the metadata data model. This model enables the Pentaho system to present data in reports in meaningful business terms instead of in abstract terms. For example, a table referred to as CUST_TBLE or ORDR_TBLE in the data model can be presented in your report as Customers and Orders.