Provides information about the PDI Marketplace. The PDI Marketplace contains community contributed steps and entries.
Use Marketplace to share, download, and install plugins developed by members of the user community or Pentaho. The Marketplace presents a list of plugins, indicates whether they have been installed, and displays other information about the plugin, such as where to obtain technical support. Access Marketplace from the Help menu in Spoon.
- Start Spoon.
- Select Tools > Marketplace. The PDI Marketplace window appears.
- The name of the plugin appears in the Detected plugins section of the page. Note which plugins are installed. You can filter the list by typing the name of the plugin in the Detected Plugins textbox.
- Click the name of the plugin to expand it. Information about the plugin, including the documentation, source code, and support information appears.
- Click Install this plugin.
- The Progress Information dialog box appears, indicating the operation is in process. When the plugin has been successfully installed, a message appears indicating that you will need to restart your client, which is Spoon.
- Click OK.
- Restart Spoon.
- To verify that the plugin was installed, open the PDI Marketplace window again. The plugin is listed as installed. The plugin should appear in the logical place in the Spoon interface. For example, if the plugin that you install is the CMIS Input plugin, it will appear in the Design tab in the Output Steps category.