Explains how to increase the Spoon memory limit.
We recommend that you increase PDI's memory limit so the DI Server and Data Integration Design Tool (Spoon) can perform memory-intensive tasks, like process or sort large datasets or run complex transformations and jobs. You will need to increase the memory limit for both the DI Server and Spoon. If you choose to not increase the memory limit, PDI uses the default memory settings that are defined in your startup scripts.
Modify the Spoon Startup Script
- Exit from Spoon if it is currently running.
- Open the Spoon startup script with a text editor. The name of startup script depends on your operating system.
Windows Name and Location of Startup Script: pentaho/design-tools/data-integration/Spoon.bat
Linux Name and Location of Startup Script: pentaho/design-tools/data-integration/Spoon.sh
- Modify the -Xmx value so that it specifies a larger upper memory limit. In this example, 2g (two gigabytes) of heap space has been allocated.
- Save and close the startup file.
- Start Spoon and ensure that there are no memory-related errors. If you see an error, repeat these steps to increase the memory again. Note:You need to increase the DI Server memory limit as well.