Quisque mattis rutrum ligula et pellentesque. Pellentesque massa enim, pulvinar quis quam quis, aliquet dapibus augue. Aliquam feugiat suscipit turpis, nec ultrices dolor adipiscing ut.
Modify Tomcat Windows Startup Script
The Tomcat startup script must be modified to include the CATALINA_OPTS variable. CATALINA_OPTS indicates the amount of memory to allocate. It also indicates where Pentaho licenses are installed.
- Make sure the Tomcat web application server is not running by starting the Windows Task Manager and looking for Tomcat in the Applications tab. If the server is running, stop it.
- Use a text editor to open the startup.bat file, which is in the pentaho/server/biserver-ee/tomcat/bin directory.
- Add this line before the CATALINA_HOME definition.
- Add the java option pentaho.installed.licenses.file to CATALINA_OPTS. You need to modify setting of CATALINA_OPTS variable by adding the java option. See the following example.
set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms4096m -Xmx6144m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Dpentaho.installed.licenses.file=%PENTAHO_INSTALLED_LICENSE_PATH% -DDI_HOME=%DI_HOME%
- Save and close the file.
Start BA Server
- Run the startup script for your web application server by launching one these files.
- Windows Tomcat: Launch the startup.bat file. The startup.bat file is in the Tomcat bin directory.
- Windows JBoss: Launch the standalone.bat file. The startup.bat file is in the JBoss bin directory.
- Open a web browser and enter this URL: http://localhost:8080/pentaho. The User Console Log On window appears. Note that you will be prompted to install a license. Information on how to do that appears in the Set Up BA Server instructions.
After you install your licenses, there are a few things you will need to do to configure your new server.