Create attributes for your data with the Annotation Stream step.
An attribute is used to create a single level hierarchy, using either a field or existing hierarchy level.
- Double click to open up the Annotate Stream dialog.
- Click on the Select Fields... button to choose a field to use to create the attribute.
- Double click on that field in the list of Annotations.
- Select Create Attribute from the Actions menu.
- Enter the Attribute Name and choose the Dimension type.
- Optionally, you can enter an ordinal field, write a description, choose a hierarchy, and designate if the attribute Is Unique.
- For Time Level attributes:
- Choose a Time Level Type.
- Choose a Time Source Format from the list.
- Choose a Parent attribute if you want to create a relationship between two time attributes.
- For Geo annotations:
- Choose a Geo Type from the list.
- Choose a Parent attribute if you want to create a relationship between two geo attributes.
- Click OK to finish the attribute or click Cancel to exit.
This is an example of the Annotate - Create Attribute dialog box, along with a table that has more details about each field.
|Name - Value||Displays the name of the annotation component. Click in the Value column next to the item that you want to work with.|
|Attribute Name||Type a name for your attribute.|
|Time Level Type||Choose a Time Level Type from the drop down menu.|
|Time Source Format||Choose the format that you want the attribute to appear in.|
|Ordinal Field||Refers to the field used to sort the members in ascending order.|
|Description||Enter a description for the attribute.|
|Parent Attribute||Gives you the ability to create multi-level hierarchies.|
|Dimension||Choose an existing dimension or create a new dimension for the attribute.|
|Hierarchy||Choose an existing hierarchy or create a new hierarchy for the attribute.|
|Is Unique||Set to true when member names do not repeat under different parents. Setting to true will optimize SQL generation in Mondrian.|
|Help||Provides a link to the Help documentation.|
|Previous||Scrolls back through the list of created annotations on the model.|
|Next||Scrolls forward through a list of created annotations on the model.|
|OK||Click OK to save.|
|Cancel||Click Cancel to close the window.|