As part of the Annotate Stream step, you can create a measure or series of measures to further refine your data model.
A measure is a property that is used to make very specific calculations, such as SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNT_DISTINCT, MINIMUM, or MAXIMUM. As part of the Annotate Stream step, you can create a measure or series of measures to further refine your data model.
These steps guide you through creating a measure on a column using the Annotate Stream step.
- Double click to open up the Annotate Stream dialog.
- Click on the Select Fields... button to choose a field to create a measure on.
- Double click on that field in the list of Annotations.
- Select Create Measure from the Actions menu. The Name - Value columns auto populate with a list of annotation components for the measure.
- Enter a name for the measure.
- Click to choose an aggregation type .
- Choose a format for the measure.
- Optionally, enter a brief description of this measure.
- Click OK to finish the measure or click Cancel to exit.
This is an example of the Annotate - Create Measure dialog box, along with a table that has more details about each field.
|Name - Value||Displays the name of the annotation component in the Name column. Click in the Value column next to the item that you want to work with.|
|Measure Name||Type a name for your annotation.|
|Aggregation Type|| |
Specify a Format String or choose from a list of aggregation types:
COUNT and COUNT-DISTINCT are only available for non-numeric fields.
|Format String||Choose how this field should be formatted, such as currency, general number, or percentage.|
|Description||Enter a description for the annotation. This description will be available on the BA Server.|
|Help||Provides a link to the Help documentation.|
|Previous||Scrolls back through the list of created annotations on the model.|
|Next||Scrolls forward through a list of created annotations on the model.|
|OK||Click OK to save.|
|Cancel||Click Cancel to close the window.|