Date range filters enable you to show only data that meets the conditions of the filter in a report. For example, you can create filters to display data between 2010 and 2013, or all data after 2010. After you have applied your filter, the Analyzer report shows only data specified by the date ranges that you selected.
- Log in to the User Console, then open an existing analysis report that contains a time dimension or choose Create New > New Analysis.
- For a new report, select the data source that you want to use and click OK.
- Create the report with a time dimension, such as year or quarter.
- Click the icon to Add A Filter, then drag the time dimension that you want to filter on to the Filters board. You can also right-clicking on the dimension and adding it as a filter.
- Choose one of these radio buttons to create your filter:
- Use Choose a commonly used time period to specify a time period; Filter on Quarters is used here as an example. Once you have your time period specified, click OK to apply the filter. This filter is dynamic and changes with the current date. The other date filters are static.
- Select from a list lets you choose values from a list. You can use the single right- or left- arrows to add or subtract one value at a time, or use the double right- or left-arrows to add or subtract all of the values in the list. Click OK to apply the filter to your report.
- If you choose Select a range, then click the Select from date picker link, you will be able to use the date picker calendars to select beginning and ending dates for your report data. Click Apply, then OK, to apply the filter to your report.
- Once you select a date, the data is validated to make sure that your date ranges actually contain that date. Analyzer searches for the nearest time period, up to plus or minus 30 time periods, if no date is found the first time. You will not be able to save the date filter if no dates are found.
When you create a date range filter using the Between (and incl.) operator and parameterize it, as described in Add Query Parameters in Analyzer Reports, you specify one parameter name, but two parameters are created. One parameter controls the start of the range, and another controls the end of the range. The start date parameter is <YourParameterName>_START, and the end date parameter is <YourParameterName>_END.
The Choose a commonly used time period and the Between, After, Before filters are available only if time dimension levels are set up with the AnalyzerDateFormat annotation.