Explains how to start the DI Server.
Install License Keys Using the Command Line Interface
- Download the .lic file you want to install.
- Copy your .lic files to the DI Server.
- Navigate to the license-installer directory: pentaho/license-installer
- Run install_license.sh with the install switch and the location and name of your .lic file as a parameter. You can specify multiple .lic files separated by spaces. Be sure to use backslashes to escape any spaces in the path or file name, like this:
install_license.sh install /home/<user name>/downloads/Pentaho\ DI\ Enterprise\ Edition.lic
Modify the Tomcat Linux Startup Script
The Tomcat startup script must be modified to include the
CATALINA_OPTS indicates the amount of memory to allocate. It also indicates where Pentaho licenses are installed.
- Make sure the Tomcat web application server is not running by opening a Terminal window and typing
ps -Aat the prompt. If the server is running, stop it.
- Use a text editor to open the start-pentaho.sh file, which is in the data-integration-server directory.
- Add the java option pentaho.installed.licenses file to CATALINA_OPTS. You need to modify setting of CATALINA_OPTS variable at the end of the file by adding the java option. See the following example.
CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms4096m -Xmx6144m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Dpentaho.installed.licenses.file=$PENTAHO_INSTALLED_LICENSE_PATH"
- Save and close the file.
Start DI Server
Run the start-pentaho.sh file.
Problems Starting the DI Server?
Check out our Troubleshooting Guide for help.