To enable user-level access restrictions for each published analysis schema in the Pentaho User Console, follow the instructions below.
Note: There is a different process for restricting OLAP schemas per role. See Mondrian Role Mapping in the BA Server for instructions on role mapping.
- Log into the Pentaho User Console as the administrator user.
- Create new a solution directory for the user you want to provide a private analysis schema for.
- Change the access permissions on the new user directory so that only the specified user has access to it.
- Copy the target schema to the private directory that you just created.
- Rename the copied schema such that it reflects the user account that now owns it.
- Refresh the solution repository.
- Add data source entries for each personalized schema copy you created, using the Data Source Wizard to edit the data source.
<Catalog name="Suzy"> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=mondrian;DataSource=SampleData</DataSourceInfo> <Definition>solution:suzy/suzy.mondrian.xml</Definition> </Catalog> <Catalog name="Tiffany"> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=mondrian;DataSource=SampleData</DataSourceInfo> <Definition>solution:tiffany/tiffany.mondrian.xml</Definition> </Catalog>
- Edit the /pentaho/server/biserver-ee/pentaho-solutions/system/pentaho.xml file and add a ,xml to the end of the acl-files list.
- Restart the BA Server.
The schema copies you created are now only available to the users you specified.