The instructions below explain how to parameterize an Analyzer report.
- In Analyzer, choose a field in your report to which you want to link; then, right-click and choose Filter.
In the example below, data will be filtered by Territory.
- In the Filter dialog box, enter a name for the parameter in the Parameter Name text box and click the check box to enable it.
- Select the values you want associated with the parameter. Use the arrows to add values to the box on the right.
- Click OK to exit the Filter dialog box.
- Save your Analyzer report.
In the upper left corner of the report, you can see that a filter is in use. Click (Edit) to edit your filter; click to delete the filter.
- Create a dashboard and drag the Analyzer report into a panel.
The name of the parameter appears in the lower portion of the dashboard under Parameters.
- Add a filter to the dashboard based on the parameter you created in your Analyzer report. The filter appears in the dashboard.