Data privacy disclosure
Hitachi Vantara respects and values your privacy. We are providing you with this notice to give you more information about how we have built privacy by design into our products, including IIoT Core (“Lumada” or “Offering”).
Specifically, our Offering is designed to avoid contact with sensitive personal data stored on your systems. This means:
- We only collect intended event related information in our Offering. Such information has the potential to include very limited user-related information; specifically, user IDs, network IP addresses and employee ID that were utilized to derive value from data sources like sensors and industrial PLCs.
- It is not customary to capture any customer-created personal data or passwords. We also cannot access any customer data, unless the access is granted by the customer.
- The web interface and REST API of the offering are protected by HTTPS. Any data in transit is also encrypted.
- Log files are only accessed on a need-to-know basis, and are used for troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- We leverage Keycloak for authentication and authorization, and only users with a “need to know” basis can access the relevant information. We partition the data to limit the scope of Hitachi’s access in order to meet its service obligations.
- Hitachi Vantara may maintain any information received on our Offering received to comply with its legal and contractual obligations, and to help us build better offerings/products.
- Notwithstanding the above, in the event that You require Hitachi Vantara to process personal data on your behalf and in the event, this is required by local applicable privacy laws, Hitachi Vantara will enter into the corresponding addendum describing the process and the security measures to be implemented when processing personal data
Thank you for investing your business with Hitachi Vantara. Your ongoing success is our top priority.