Release Notes 5.0.1
About this document
This document provides late-breaking information about this IIoT Core v5.0.1 patch release. It may also include information that was not available at the time the technical documentation for this product was published, as well as a list of known issues and possible solutions.
This document is intended for customers and Hitachi Vantara partners who license and use IIoT Core.
About this release
You can use IIoT Core to gain insights into your industrial operations by onboarding and processing data close to its source through a flexible and composable architecture.
IIoT Core includes a small gateway software stack called the IIoT Gateway that can ingest data from automation and IIoT devices. The gateway software and device is managed by a management node referred to as IIoT Core Services that is operated through a user interface. IIoT Core Services also serves as a data aggregator for multiple gateways.
Security notice about Spark
The Spark Operator has a known security issue, CVE-2022-25647, which has not yet been fixed in the latest version.
· For a new installation of IIoT Core Services (incl. LEI v4.x), it is recommended that you do not install Spark as an optional component.
· For existing installations, it is recommended that you delete the existing installation of Spark.
· If you do install Spark, you do so at your own risk. Hitachi Vantara expressly disclaims any and all liability related to any installation of Spark.
The following link provides more information about this security vulnerability:
· Resolved UI issues:
- Asset Page, Events tab occasionally displayed overlapping graphs, which is now resolved.
- Asset drop-down list now displays vertical scroll bars.
· Resolved connection path issue for images to be deployed affecting Knative, monitoring and other services.
· REST API improvement for Asset services:
- Query by specified asset name.
- Query by asset metadata, including description and attributes.
· API interactive page improvement:
- Base path is now visible on the API documentation page.
- Execute button issue is resolved.
- Asset endpoint is updated with 5.0 changes.
· Google Cloud Docker registry push issue is resolved.
· When performing an IIoT Core Services upgrade, tasks and custom commands are preserved from the previous installation.
Documentation and software
IIoT Core product documentation is available here:
To upgrade IIoT Core 5.0.0 to v5.0.1, go here:
Product software downloads are available on Hitachi Vantara Support Connect: https://support.pentaho.com
Log in and select Product Downloads to access the most current downloads, including important updates that may have been made after the release of the product.
Copyrights and licenses
© 2019, 2022 Hitachi, Ltd. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including copying and recording, or stored in a database or retrieval system for commercial purposes without the express written permission of Hitachi, Ltd., or Hitachi Vantara LLC (collectively "Hitachi"). Licensee may make copies of the Materials provided that any such copy is (i) created as an essential step in utilization of the Software as licensed and is used in no other manner; or (ii) used for archival purposes. Licensee may not make any other copies of the Materials. "Materials" mean text, data, photographs, graphics, audio, video and documents.
Hitachi reserves the right to make changes to this Material at any time without notice and assumes no responsibility for its use. The Materials contain the most current information available at the time of publication.
Some of the features described in the Materials might not be currently available. Refer to the most recent product announcement for information about feature and product availability or contact Hitachi Vantara LLC at https://support.hitachivantara.com/e...ontact-us.html.
Notice: Hitachi products and services can be ordered only under the terms and conditions of the applicable Hitachi agreements. The use of Hitachi products is governed by the terms of your agreements with Hitachi Vantara LLC.
By using this software, you agree that you are responsible for:
1) Acquiring the relevant consents as may be required under local privacy laws or otherwise from authorized employees and other individuals; and
2) Verifying that your data continues to be held, retrieved, deleted, or otherwise processed in accordance with relevant laws.
Notice on Export Controls. The technical data and technology inherent in this Document may be subject to U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Act and its associated regulations, and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. Reader agrees to comply strictly with all such regulations and acknowledges that Reader has the responsibility to obtain licenses to export, re-export, or import the Document and any Compliant Products.
Hitachi and Lumada are trademarks or registered trademarks of Hitachi, Ltd., in the United States and other countries.
AIX, AS/400e, DB2, Domino, DS6000, DS8000, Enterprise Storage Server, eServer, FICON, FlashCopy, GDPS, HyperSwap, IBM, Lotus, MVS, OS/390, PowerHA, PowerPC, RS/6000, S/390, System z9, System z10, Tivoli, z/OS, z9, z10, z13, z14, z/VM, and z/VSE are registered trademarks or trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation.
Active Directory, ActiveX, Bing, Excel, Hyper-V, Internet Explorer, the Internet Explorer logo, Microsoft, the Microsoft Corporate Logo, MS-DOS, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Silverlight, SmartScreen, SQL Server, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio, Windows, the Windows logo, Windows Azure, Windows PowerShell, Windows Server, the Windows start button, and Windows Vista are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft product screen shots are reprinted with permission from Microsoft Corporation.
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and App Store are registered trademarks or service marks of Apple Inc.
iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
All other trademarks, service marks, and company names in this document or website are properties of their respective owners.
Copyright and license information for third-party and open source software used in Hitachi Vantara products can be found at https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us...any/legal.html.