This article walks you through the installation of Lumada Data Catalog , including pre-installation and post-installation tasks.
Review these prerequisites before you start the installation.
This guide assumes that you have:
- Read through the entire installation documentation prior to performing the installation instructions on your system. You need to decide on your installation options prior to performing these procedures to ensure that your selected installation method is the best method for you.
- Checked the System Requirements to ensure that your edge node, Hadoop distribution, and web browser meet LDC's requirements for this version of the software.
- Uninstalled any evaluation version of Lumada Data Catalog.
You should understand the following concepts about the Data Catalog installation before starting the process:
IT administrators who know where the data sources are stored, how to connect to them, details about the computing environment, and how to use the command line to issue commands for Linux. You should also know how to install a database and a web application server.
You must supply an environment that meets the hardware and software requirements indicated in the System Requirements, as well as a supported operating system and JDK. The Data Catalog stores transactional metadata in a repository, which is housed on PostgresSQL. You must supply, install, and configure PostgresSQL yourself.
To begin the installation process, you will need a service user account which has administrative privileges to perform the tasks in these sections. Linux users need to use the root access for some tasks. You will need the Solr and Postgres usernames and passwords to connect with the Solr and Postrgres.
The installation requires these items and expertise:
Requirements Description You Supply Each of the following items must meet or exceed the requirements in the System Requirements:
- Computer with a supported operating system and hardware configuration.
- Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK).
- PostgresSQL repository database and its JDBC driver.
- A large properties storage location.
- Installation package including Solr and Postgres installer.
- A PostgreSQL database
- Knowledge of your networking environment, including database port numbers if they differ from the default and IP address.
- Permission to access installation directories.
- Root or administrative access.
Approximate Installation Time
- 1 to 4 hours.
You can download the Lumada Data Catalog software from the Hitachi Vantara Lumada and Pentaho Support Portal.
The installation process consists of the following steps, depending on your specific environment.
- Pre-installation steps. Before starting the installation process, you should perform several pre-installation steps, including the following:
- Installing the Data Catalog
package. You can install and deploy the Lumada Data Catalog on the
- Installing Lumada Data Catalog on CDH, HDP, or CDP
- Installing Lumada Data Catalog on MapR
- Installing Lumada Data Catalog on Amazon EMR
- Installing Lumada Data Catalog on Azure HDInsight
- Installing Lumada Data Catalog on GCP Dataproc
Contact support via the Hitachi Vantara Lumada and Pentaho Support Portal if you are interested in installing Data Catalog as a containerized agent or on Kubernetes with Helm.
- Post-installation steps.
After you install Lumada Data Catalog, you may need to perform system and security configuration tasks,
and then change select configuration properties in the Data Catalog itself.
- Post-install system configurations.
- Security configuration includes the following:
- Data Catalog configuration. If you are assigned the Administrator role, you can perform these tasks in Managing configurations in Data Catalog.
To uninstall Lumada Data Catalog, see Uninstalling Lumada Data Catalog.